Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Trial run without the vent

went well! Camden was off the vent for an hour today, just on a humidifier and he did it!! ( i missed it but they said everything was okay ) Tomorrow they will do more and see. I can't believe he went "vent less" for that long. Thank you God!

I finally got up there this evening and I had to bathe him and change trach ties. Of course he through a fit but he was okay. They make me do everything now when I am there so I get all the practice I can. He now is up to 9 lbs 12 oz. Sloooowly gaining, but gaining.

So while we were there tonight, Micah got the surprise of her little life. The nurse took him off the vent and brought him to the window so she could see him! She is a real easy going nurse and didn't mind when I asked her to do it. I almost cried when I heard Micah's little mouse voice say, " Awwwwww!! " =) and I am still in shock that my baby was able to be off the vent long enough to do go to that window. Thank you Jesus....

His trach site is not looking the best. Just not healing that great. Camden does so well with it as painful as it looks. I am praying it heals up soon!

4 comments:

  1. Amen to that!! what a wonderful report! so exciting!! the good news is great!! he is so precious!! what a journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dev,
    I'm glad to hear how much you are learning! Wow! Oh, and just so you know... I do love the fact that you take such good care of your families diets and what they eat and don't eat. You're such a good mommy!!!! ;-)

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CAMDEN! You are the yummiest little baby cousin! Devon and Marcus he is so adorable and healthy looking! It's amazing the medical terms we never thought we'd have to know in our lives! It's like planning and packing for a trip to Italy and you end up in Argentina! It's not at all what you planned and packed for and Argentina is even scarier than Italy. But Argentina has some amazing eye-opening experiences that you never knew existed! You get the point! You never knew you had this in you and look at how strong you and Marcus are! And being strong includes meltdowns! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Devon! I am logged in as pvpvreunion on google! Woops... I am so glad to see Camden so healthy! XOXOOXO
    Julie Mickler Bhatia

    ReplyDelete