Saturday, April 18, 2009

I was up with Camden for a few hours these evening. His primary nurses Kim and Elsa are on this weekend. All the nurses are great, but I just feel so comfortable during the weekends with them because they know him so well. I bathed him, changed his trach, (boy, does that get stinky!) put his feed on, and got him settled in for bed.

My Aunt Darlene and I have been working at the house getting things in order before he comes home. Mom still has the kids so we haven't had to worry about them. Lots to do and I am getting excited, but nervous. It is looking more like a week or two before he gets to come home. Marcus and I still have some classes to do and they like to discharge at the beginning of the week. So, all in God's time and as much as I want him home, I am not in a rush. =)

He only gained a few ounces the other night, but still gaining.

One of the RTs had some onsies made for Camden that say, " When in doubt, change it out" referring to trachs, lol...it was too sweet and he will be wearing them a lot. ;)

2 comments: