Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Car seats and discharge date.....

I have been non stop doing and getting ready and not in the blogging mood. Honestly I have also had a few weary days, but I am back. ;o) We are officially rooming in at the hospital from Thursday night to Sunday. This means Marcus and I will be sleeping in a room with Camden where we will do all his care alone. Yes, I am a bit nervous, but this is a step before going home. His discharge date is next Tuesday. One of the sweet transport ladies, Loretta asked me to bring in his car seat this weekend. I have seen so many people bring car seats to do car seat tests before bringing their babies home. It felt like we'd never get there. Camden is now doing his car seat test. I still can't believe he is doing so well after three months, and I am so thankful to God, but I am so nervous to have him home. I personally do not think he is quite ready, still having a few episodes at the hospital. I can't wait for my family to be together and for Micah to meet her baby brother, but I am so scared I am going to make a mistake. I will have home nursing care 24 hrs the first 4 weeks, then after that just nights. So I have 4 weeks to get comfortable by myself. There is just a lot of care involved with him, but I know in time it will get easier.

He is gaining weight fast! Up to 11.7 and he is starting to look it too! We bought him a neato jeep stroller yesterday. He has to have a double back to front one to carry all the equipment when we go anywhere. I will only be going to doc apps for a long

Update on the baby that may have needed ECMO....she did go on it, but she is already off, so she must be doing ok. I talked to the mom the day she went on, told her Camden's story, and told her I had asked for prayers for her baby. It was nice to meet her.

4 comments:

  1. it must seem overwhelming but you can do it! God is on your side! So happy that baby will be home with you soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear how well Mr Camden is doing. You guys will do fine taking care of him. Then one day when he is older, you'll look back and wonder how you ever got through it. I know ... God is definitely working. Praying for you all. ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devon,
    I am so excited. I have been praying for Camden to come home to his loving family. I know you Devon you are strong in the Lord. There is no mistake you make that is not too hard for God to handle. Call on His name and He will work it out. He has already brought Camden this far and has a plan and purpose for his life. Tell Camden that his Auntie is almost in tears about him coming home. We have waited for this moment for a long time.
    Love you all,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep praying for that wisdom. God gives wisdom to all who ask. It'll come. ;)

    ReplyDelete