Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Roller coaster

Not only has Camden's life been a roller coaster, but so have our emotions. Tonight I am so emotional and not even wanting to get into details in fear that this post will turn into a rambling pity party. Today his trach plugged twice ( mucus ) on me and one of those times was after I had put a fresh one in. It is so heart wrenching to watch him gasp for air and suctioning not work. I am glad it happened at the hospital for my first time instead of at home. I also think the reality of him coming home is setting in, and I am finding myself constantly praying against fear. ( praying against fear for something I want more than anything :s ) But I know we can do this....and I keep trying to count my blessings in all this. I have to keep reminding myself of all the miracles, and how God has held us up through this. It is the only thing that gets me through the days.

On that note--have I told you what an excellent husband I have? He has always worked so hard and is even working harder to get things prepared for Camden's homecoming. I am so blessed to have him. What a wonderful father my kiddos have!

Camden moved three bed spaces up right next to the window. Now Micah can peek in and take a closer look. I haven't told her yet...she will be so surprised. =)

3 comments:

  1. Remember Dr. Driscoll said " It will be a roller coaster ", in those very early hours after Camden's grand arrival! We never new how true those words would be~ You two( Dev & Mar ) are absolutely the best!! Camden is going to love being part of the Roell gang. Surely he will be laughing so much that getting plugged will not be an issue. I share once again my favorite scripture from Isaiah: "He will keep you in perfect peace as you keep your mind on Him". Micah prayed last night for Camden to 'feel better'. I know God hears her little heart prayers.
    Praying today that our Father will strengthen you guys for the journey ahead. I love hearing those words " getting prepared for Camden's homecoming"!!!! xxxooo for Camden today from his Nana and please sing , "This Little Light of Mine" as it is one of his favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post... not the mucus part but the Marcus part!!! You two are so cute! Can't wait til he's home. You are doing such a good job!! He's gonna love his home with his crazy family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((hugs)) praying for you again fear and worry and praising God with you in all that He has done and will continue to do!!!

    ReplyDelete