Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 76 and 77 =)


Camden is 77 days old today. :) A lot going on these passed 2 days. Nana came in town and got to hold him for her first time. She waited patiently for 76 days! :) Of course he just loves her and smiled the whole time he was awake.
They have decided not to try him off the vent until after he comes home. He needs time to grow and needs time for the bronchiomalasia ( narrowed airways & reason why trached ) to mature. He did so good the first few days, but just got too tired. They will slowly try him later in the office when I bring him to appointments after he is discharged. They are bringing in the home vent and Marcus and I will learn how to use it next week. We both have changed out the trach once and will have to do it two more times before discharge. Once we get through the vent, gtube, trach training, and feel comfortable they will give us a discharge date. Wow....feels so strange to say that!! I am so overwhelmed with JOY!
He is such a happy and tolerant baby! He never cried when I changed his trach. He got two shots ( after a little ordeal with me trying to get them administered in the time frame and order I want them, but we worked it out! ) and he just pooched his lip out then smiled. Then he got his tongue clipped. Poor thing has been through it today but he never cried all afternoon. He is ready to come home, and I am more than ready. Especially with him doing so well under the circumstances, and knowing I can do all his care at home.
They took him off all the blood pressure related meds to see how he does. Basically right now he is just on amoxicillin and sodium. And once again, wow...I can't believe I am not typing out the long list of drugs he was on before. Thank you, Lord!
Tomorrow they are checking his kidneys. There were some concerns on the ultrasound, but it isn't a definite, so please keep that in prayer.
A lot accomplished today!


4 comments:

  1. How exciting and wonderful!!
    what does the tongue clipped mean?
    oh he is growing everyday!
    Thank you JESUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so beautiful, Devon...I just love looking at him! I am praying for you guys always! So much to be thankful for! God is sooo good. I miss you and hope we can see each other soon...hopefully at church Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh... Mommma Susie looks sooo happy! I'm glad she got to hold him. Can't wait to see you at home with Camden. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Dev, its coming to an end. I remember these last few days so well. I know you have a lot to take in with all the training. It might be overwhelming but once your doing it, it becomes second nature. I can't wait to see the pics you post of little Camden's homecoming!
    Love ya lots!!

    ReplyDelete