Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Homecoming.... take 2 ;p

I was able to spend a lot of time with Camden today while my aunt and nanny were hanging with the kids. Marcus and I had more vent training and I am starting to feel more at ease with that machine. ;) Camden had a pretty good day today. I am just keeping up with his feedings and was actually short a few mls to get him through the morning feed. :( I have started to pump more so I'll catch back up with him! The latest news on him coming home is by the end of the week. We havent even roomed in yet, and they like to discharge on Tuesdays, so it may be looking more like next Tuesday...but we shall see. They havent given me a date yet. Things seem to be going better and I feel like Camden is ready to come home. I know I am now. It has been a long journey. He was sleeping peacefully in his boppy when I left tonight. He is addicted to the boppy.;p It is great because he needs to be elevated with his continuous feeds through the night. He does a lot of gagging if I try to lay him flat during a feed. He has been doing a lot more gagging anyways...I think he is getting too much to eat, so I need to look into that more.
So the plan is Marcus and I rooming in this weekend if the room is available and to try to head towards home.

The best news today: the ent scoped Camden this afternoon and said that his airways looked much better! Last time he scoped ( a few weeks ago ) he said it was 50 percent better, so this was more great news. Camden is heading in the right direction. God has answered so many prayers. A few people have had concerns about some of my posts, but let me just say that I am fine. :0) I have bad moments. Sometimes I need to let things out on here, or I may not feel social, or I may want to hide on the back row of church, but I will slowly get back into the norm. I am not sure why things happen, and sometimes it aches really, really bad, but He is in control and I have to go along for the ride. I will make it, have made it, and have learned so much through this.....and, I am fine.... ;)

I will end with my other kiddos. Many ask how they are and I never talk about them on here. They are doing ok. There is a definite difference in them, but they are coping well. Micah is a bit emotional lately with lots of baby talk and crying when I leave. I know it has been long for her and she feeds off my emotions too. Im sure it is more difficult for her since she still hasnt "met" him yet. Another reason I can't wait to have him home.
I am so sleepy and am rattling on so that is all for now! :)

3 comments:

  1. love it when you rattle.... please remember we're here if you need anything, okie dokie!?!? you can rattle anytime....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know how the church thing is...but even if your on the back row..its ok too!! i went through the same!! you know!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete