Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ok, now for some details ;)

They brought in his home vent yesterday and it is a bit different from the vent he has been on. This is why they want him on in for a bit before coming home, so they can mess with it and get it to where he is comfortable on it. He may not have had enough humidity yesterday and that could have caused thicker secretions. He seemed more relaxed today, so maybe that was part of the problem. In the meantime, he scared off his new nurse that he had last night LOL ...... I don't think she felt comfortable coming back tonight, so he has another new nurse tonight. I talked with her on the phone and she says he is doing fine. Marcus and I came home tonight to rip out carpet. Trying to get things clean and in order before the little man comes home. ( I love saying that! )

Today we had the home medical equipment (monitor, suctioning, and oxygen) brought to us and we learned how to use them. Camden is not going to travel lightly. :) I may get back aches walking him around the house, but it is well worth it. ;p

When I walked in to the unit earlier I saw the ECMO machines out and my stomach just dropped. They were preparing for a baby who may need it. This would be the 2nd baby this year. Please pray that he/she won't need it and will be ok! I don't want any parent to have to go through watching their baby on ECMO, but thankfully it is there if need be....

They increased Camden's breast milk to 125 mls during the day. He has three day feeds, then continuous feeds through the night. He gets weighed again tomorrow. I can't wait to see how much he has gained.

He also extended his arms straight up while stretching today. Sounds silly, but it was so neat to us to see because from laying for so long, his arms are floppy and he isn't as coordinated as he should be for his age. Of course he needs a lot of therapy, but it was still so exciting to see him start to do things on his own & watching his little muscles working. He is such a cutie.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dev, this is just great!! You will be a pro at all those medical machines before you know it. I remember freaking out because I didn't think I would remember how to run the feeding pump. But amazingly enough it became second nature!
    I know he will be a little heavy, but oh what a blessing!! Im so happy that all is going so well! I can't wait to read your title when he is coming home. I can only speculate what you will say!
    I remember all the floppy limbs and physical therapy. Before you know it he will be all caught up and amazing you with the things he does.
    I can't wait to see the home coming pictures!

    Bless you my friend! You have been through a lot but you have shown nothing but a christlike heart. You are truly a spiritual giant in my eyes!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dev,
    I am so excited and happy he is coming home soon. He is so precious, I love you, and if anyone could take care of a child in this situation it is you. (:

    ReplyDelete