Friday, March 13, 2009

My little fighter!

Ofcourse this should be dated March 12, but I had a late night at the hospital.

Today was one of those eventful, pit in my stomach days....
They extubated and he did so well on cpap!! I was so proud. :) They gave him 14 minutes on it, he kept his stats up, but he struggled really hard. They said it was heartbreaking. ( I chose to pass this time, as last time was very difficult for me to watch him gasping for air ) He did better than we thought, and they even heard a faint sound from him. ( Now I would've loved to hear that ) He was totally exhausted. Slept all day and when he would start to wake up he would throw fits. I watched his stats drop a few times too many today and seeing him struggle to breathe is just pitiful!!
So, the decision is to trach. We can now begin to get on with his little life.....get him up and slowly moving around instead of laying flat. Surgery date hasn't been set, but I'm hoping they will wait until next week sometime. He will also get a g-tube ( feeding tube that goes straight to stomach) and another surgery to help with his reflux. They will go ahead and get it all done at one time. I hate to see him have to be put under ...... but this is all part of this rollercoaster ride they told me I would be on.
So a lot accomplished today!

still getting 82 mls of breastmilk (slowly through feeding tube )and has good days and bad days with the reflux. Actually did well with it today of all days!

3 comments:

  1. wow you night owl you!!
    im glad to know you can start getting him moving! thats great! God will take care of the surgery in Jesus name! im so glad that he is on his way to recovery! love you!
    joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Devon fails to says :) is she too is a fighter! Yesterday ...and well into the midnight hour I watched her with amazement as she speaks to Camden and calms him down. She knows all about the vent settings, suctioning procedures etc.. and will surely have earned her honorary medical degree by the time Camden comes home! The trach part as we continue to pray for this, can give him the extra time he needs for his airways to open, however God can do that as quickly as He chooses!!! I had a sweet time humming Jesus Loves me & Amazing Grace and praying for Jesus to quiet Camden with His love & peace. I also got the sweetest smiles from him before the extubating. He has the most precious smile ever!!!! Keep the prayers coming!!!! We serve a Mighty God!!! Camden's nana,Susan

    ReplyDelete