Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Daddy Finally gets to hold You!!



Camden has picked up Orsa and has to be in isolation.( which he already was in, so it isn't a big change, lol ) It is just some sort of bacteria that we can all carry on our clothes and such, they just test the babies in there weekly for it and he finally caught it. ;s They say it isn't anything to be concerned over, so I am not going to be. I just don't feel like it =p So, they have to move him, and since they are doing so, Camden will be getting a ..... BIG BOY CRIB! I told Marcus to go up there tonight while I stay with the kids, since I have been a major Camden hog. They are letting him hold Camden while they change his room. ( ok, Im a bit jealous ;p )He just emailed a picture and he is snuggling with his boy...I cant wait until he is all healed up and we can hold him whenever!! =)

He seems to be tolerating his feeds better. Back on full feeds, slowly going in over an hour. He now weighs 9lb 15oz. Been off all pain meds for 48 hrs and seems to be comfortable. :)
He has a great nurse, R, three days in a row this week, so that makes me be able to relax a bit more when I am not there. She was one of his ECMO nurses, and she loves him!

I had a great visit with him this afternoon and got some cute videos on my phone for Micah. She looks forward to these everyday. She asks me if she can "get closer" to him and I zoom in the picture for her. She carries my phone around and talks to him. :) Since she hasn't been able to see him yet, I told her she will be the very first to get to hold him when he comes home!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Dev,
    I'm so happy to hear you sounding more and more like yourself! Camden looks so good and happy!!! And yea for Marcus getting to hold his boy!!! God is good!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me next!!!!! I can't wait to hold that boy!!! He is tooo cute and I love that smile. That is so GOD to be smiling after what he went through just 5 days ago with his abdomin cut, a feeding tube put in and being trached! Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just picture Micah walking around the house talking to Camden. The day she gets to hold her little brother is going to be a wonderfully tearjerking (is that word?) day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a proud daddy!! how wonderful is that!!

    ReplyDelete