Monday, March 23, 2009

4 days post op

and Camden seemed a bit weary tonight. They said he had a good day, but by the time I got there he was cranky. ;( He was back up to 82 mls, and it didn't seem to agree with him. He was gagging and pushing it back up his g-tube. Maybe his tummy wasn't ready for all that so soon after surgery. He would try to reach his fingers to his mouth, but then when I would help him out, he wouldn't know what to do with them. He would push out that little bottom lip and cry ( which I heard a tiny bit of leaking around the trach ) and then I just wanted to cry....I'm definitely feeling weepy tonight. I just pray he sleeps peacefully.....

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying you both get good sleep. I can't sleep and thought I'd get up and check on you. I miss talking to you. I hope you're able to still be your silly self at some point of the day. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many O Lord my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done: And Your thoughts towards us cannot be recounted to You in order; If I would declare and speak of them, they are more then can be numbered. Psalm 40:5
    Reflecting back on Camden's 60 some days on earth ( 2 months old on last Sunday :~), I was awestruck at how many 'works' the Lord has done already in his life! They truly are 'more than I could number'. I can't wait to see
    'the rest of his story' unfold!
    *Devon, your assignment for the today. Before going to NICU, Take 1 hour and go walk on the beach with the kids. You NEED some fresh air and sunshine!! Camden will appreciate his Momma taking care of herself!

    ReplyDelete