Sunday, March 22, 2009

I like trachs!

okay.... I can't believe I am saying that, but he seems so much happier! No more gagging and constant coughing. He doesn't know what to do with his lips touching, and he has been making some hilarious faces! He went without morphine from 3 this morning until this evening around 8 tonight. He seemed comfortable and pain free, but he was just having a fit this evening and the nurse thought some morphine would be good since it was so soon after surgery. Other than that he had a great day.

I tried to work with the pacifier, but he gagged so I stopped. It upsets me to see him not know how to suck and do the normal things with his mouth. I knew oral aversion was an issue, but to actually see it, well it just saddens me!! I know it is small compared to what he has been through....and we will continue to work with him. So with that being said, the g tube is looking good and he is up to 19 mls and hasn't thrown up. That is a praise! They are increasing mls pretty fast so hopefully he'll be back to his normal 82 mls so we can pull that nasty IV out again!

I was just staring at him for hours this evening. He was wide awake ( even after that dose of morphine! ) and I just kept thinking about how proud I am to be his mom. God has used Camden to show me the real meaning of children being a blessing from God, and I just want his life used for God's glory....

3 comments:

  1. Oh Dev, I am so glad that he is doing well. I can totally relate to what you are saying. I wasn't a Christian when I had Robbie but I knew there was something about him that made things different, more of a true light shed on parenting. Then when I had Daniel, I was a christian this time, I realized the importance of what we do with the gift that God gives us when he gives us kids.
    Im so happy that he is doing well, and Dev he is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy he's doing good and that the trach is helping. He is so cute and I love his pudgy cheeks!

    Please let me know if I can do anything or if you need me to take the boys or Micah. Ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN!!!! to that! He is going to be used for Gods glory!

    ReplyDelete