Sunday, March 29, 2009

I found another gray hair....

I'm tired and it is late and I couldn't think of anything else to say. But I did find one this morning before church. =) hmmmm.....

Camden has had a wonderful weekend. He is getting used to his trach care, and mommy is learning and doing some of it as well. :) I have stayed late with his awesome primary nurse, Kim for the past three nights and learned a lot. I am feeling okay about it. They trach site still has some healing to do, so I just worry that I am hurting him. He seems fine though! Doesn't even cry every time he is suctioned, unless he does the "leave me alone" cry. The ENT hasn't been back to change the trach yet. He is the only one that can do it the first time, then we can do it once he gives the okay and makes sure all looks well. Hopefully he'll be back tomorrow to do it.

The amazing news is that they are trying to now wean him off the vent! They are hoping before he goes home. ( I told them I still want to take the vent home and they need to slow down on all this weaning! =p ) He is just using pressure support from it and was on a support of 10 right after surgery. They starting to wean a few days ago, and he is now down to 8. He continues to amaze me. He lays there and smiles at me. Then as soon as another nurse comes to visit him he about breaks his neck to see them! So nosey! It was so hard to give him back to the nurse tonight, but I know I'll have him home one day and can hang out with him all I want!

And....a blood culture came back positive. Always something, huh? ;p Just some infection (kind of like a UTI ) that he has to be on antibiotics for 5 days. He has a nasty IV in his head! As pitiful as it looks, the nurses said he didn't cry when they stuck him there and that he did cry when they tried to stick him in other places before trying the head. Weird looking place for an IV...
He is slowly going down on meds too....Thank God! He now only gets his blood pressure med if needed. Progress....

I asked Micah what she wants me to tell Camden today. She whispered, " Jesus loves you" in my ear. Isn't that so true? My mom had to remind me weeks back ( and how silly of me to have to be reminded ) that even when I have to leave him, Jesus is right there with him.

2 comments:

  1. Not silly Devon, just part of being a mommy. It's hard to imagine that Jesus loves them even more than we do!

    It was great seeing Marcus up there yesterday at church. I loved it that Peanut was there to support his Daddy!! How sweet is that.

    So what is the prognosis with Camden and the trach? How long til he gets to come home?

    Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh im crying tears of emotional joy!!! Oh! pregnant me..all emotional! this is a wonderful testimony!
    im so happy!
    i love you
    joy!!

    ReplyDelete