Friday, June 5, 2009

Pop goes the g tube...

I didn't realize the balloon in the mic key button ( feeding tube ) was leaking so fast, so today when Camden hardly kicked at it during a feed it plopped right out. We put a new one in and called the dr office just to let them know, but everything is fine. The site has healed nicely, so he wasn't hurting. Micah was mesmerized by the whole thing. None of these tubes have phased her so I am thinking she may go into the medical field....go figure. ;)






We took Camden back to his room ( he was out in the living area ) and he immediately took a nap. I think he was stressed out ......











;0)




Micah changed a doo doo diaper yesterday. Not sure how she felt about that, but she is still saying she wants to have babies so it must have not been too bad for her!






All in all he has had a pretty good week. We are still working on the mouth and although he still hasn't sucked, I am thankful for the improvements I see daily. He has had some painful gas issues, but he gets through them. Wears him out with the crying and all, but he gets through it!!







Isn't he huge?? We tried the tub again and he was OK with it. Didn't love it.....but partly tolerated it. This time I put him in it while it was empty, then slowly added water. That worked a little better.




Those that do not know Josh...please pray for his health. He is our dear friends' son and is going through some major health issues right now. Please pray for drs to have wisdom and for the family to have strength.

We love you and are praying, Josh!!

4 comments:

  1. Camden,

    You are such a cutie pie. I am amazed at all your progress. I know that you are a fighter and whatever comes you will get through it. You know why? because you are a child of God.

    Love ya,

    Michelle Herring

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures! It's good that Micah is so good with him. I had a similar g-tube incident recently (actually 2 in the last 2 weeks!). It's amazing how sometimes those things last forever, and sometimes only a few days...

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is getting big Devon.

    You know, this whole thing is weird to me. It's weird because it doesn't feel like I'm reading YOUR life. It's like I'm reading someone else's. I'm not used to reading things about you outside of Buddies, so it's like it's not even you. I don't know if this makes ANY sense whatsoever.

    I'm sorry I haven't commented more and shown more support. I just don't know what to say. I don't know what encouragement to offer. This is one of those things where I'm like, please tell me what you need. Tell me what I can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what 'talking' Camden was doing this week. I mean LOUD coos. I was so impressed since 'they ' said he wouldn't make any noise with his trach. It was like he heard himself and couldn't stop :). Too sweet! He was showing hi s tuff really good. I mean grabbing at his toys and....boy I sound like a proud grandma and I am!!!! Camden is awesome. God has showed us so many 'great & marvelous ' things through this miracle baby!!!! Already missing the smiles!!! Nana

    ReplyDelete