Saturday, May 30, 2009

1 ML

.....is how much breast milk Camden took from a syringe today. It took 10 minutes, but he enjoyed it during those 10 minutes. Then, all of a sudden he wanted nothing to do with it and made this really weird, " Get that thing away from me" face so I stopped. But it was something. Every little oral stimulation helps and he swallowed it drip by drip. Slowly, but he did it.
Had a pretty good day today. Had a few bad gassy spells, but not as bad as yesterday. Nursing hours have been cut, so we are having 10 hr shifts during the week and 8 hour shifts on the weekends. His nurse left at 3 today, so we have been hanging out ever since and will continue to because his night nurse called in again tonight.
Had a few more gagging episodes today, but I feel they are less and not as long. The worst was when I tred to give the paci, but I have to continue to put something in his mouth everyday. I just did it once today for about 30 seconds. I couldn't stand it anymore. He still hasnt sucked, but tolerates it, then just gags. :(
He is snoozing away right now with a stat of 100 :) I am so tempted to turn his oxygen down to 0.3 but I dont need another doctor to tell me, " I know you are his mom but could you please get with us before changing things that we should discuss? " ;p so I will patiently wait until the 8th. He has already set the apnea monitor off twice with his shallow breathing, but that is what I am here for. ;) I still jump each time ( that thing is sooo loud ) but he just sleeps right through....

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it frustrating waiting on those doctors. Sometimes moms just know their kids better than the docs. :)

    We had a horrible home nursing experience when we first came home (no one showing up at night when they were supposed to). We now just have day nursing, and, although I don't get as much sleep, I actually feel better about it. I didn't think I would at first. I hope you are getting enough rest sometime during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you girl. I'm glad things are going well for you. What an adjustment!! Take care of you and rest when you can. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I wanted to let you know that I'm still praying for your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete