Saturday, May 9, 2009

Long and wonderful week
























the empty bed space :)






ready on the stretcher









Camden's first week home has been great. He adjusted with out any problems. The ride home was fine, he was fine with all the action, and he loved his family surrounding him. I am feeling more comfortable each day with him. I have had a nurse here with me, which is a huge help as I get adjusted to our new life. :) The nurses have been very nice, and are just an extra set of eyes which gives my a little extra peace. I have even slept more than I thought I would at night and pop in to check on him during my pumping times. ;)
He seems like he has made progress in just the few days he has been home. Still having some issues with the gagging, but it isn't always just during his feedings. I am thinking his reflux is still pretty bad, even though I know having the nissan surgery done helped tremendously. They took him off his reflux meds so he hasnt been on anything for it so I need to look into that. Other than that he seems great. We haven't had any episodes. The worst fit he threw was tonight while changing his trach ties. He was just down right ticked! But he recovers so nicely and I just thank God for this huge improvement!!





I have never seen my kids so excited .... they were so hyped up waiting for him to come home as they stood in the driveway waiting for the truck. They constantly asked to hold him to where it is starting to drive me crazy, ;p but at the same time fills my heart with joy that their baby brother is home to hold. Thankyou, Lord!









3 comments:

  1. Praise God things are going so well. So great to see him being loved on by his brothers and sister! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad he is doing SO well. I too had a CDH baby in 2006. Ava is 2 and a half now....she keeps me on my toes. God Bless you all!

    ~Terri and Ava
    http://avaslifewithcdh.blogspot.com
    http://cdhawarenessvideos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tuesday~ a surreal day!! Standing on the corner with the kiddos holding their blue balloons waiting for the ambulance to bring our miracle baby home! Words do not come to say what joy flooded my soul as that back door to the ambulance opened and I saw Camden's eyes peeking around as they were trying to shield him from the sun. I know that I am so privledged to share in this miracle. God is so awesome! I am humbled by the pain this child has endured and yet he smiles sooo much!
    Happy Mother's Day my darling Devon. You are an amazing mother! Your dedication to learning about Cam's care is astounding. He is so blessed to have you:~) I know the wait was worth it when I peeked into his room and saw him in you arms. That was pure joy to Nana's heart. I love you all and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete