Friday, May 15, 2009

First car ride and doc appointment!










And we survived. ;) We actually did very well for our first time, and a nurse came along for an extra hand. Next month we have 5 appointments without a nurse, so I am glad Marcus and I got the practice! Everything went well, and we only forgot the g tube! Thankfully the doctor got an extra one for us so we could do his 9 am feeding when we got there. The RT said we did well since we had all the rest of his equipment since breathing is more important than eating. ;p




He saw the pulmunologist and GI today. Gaining weight like a champ, now up to 13.10. We are trying him back on zantac since I shared my concerns with the gagging. With the nissan surgery he had he can't get food up which is good because we don't want him to aspirate. The reflux is so bad he gags and gags to try to get things up, but can't and eventually it just passes after a minute or two. It is really sad to watch him though. Hopefully the zantac will help with the acid. We are keeping the feeds almost the same with a few adjustments in the scheduling, but the same amount.( which I am happy about since I feel like a walking cow and am just keeping up pumping for the little piglet )




The pulmunologists wants to wait until his next app to talk about windowing him off the vent. I was anxious to get started, but we don't want to rush things. He also talked about lowering the rate next time. We will see him again in three weeks. All in all, Camden has done wonderful since he has been home.




The car ride didn't phase him one bit today. He was a sweet boy as usual! Happy with everything. Peanut was so excited to see him in his car seat and kept asking him if he likes the new world he sees. Precious...
So, we need to practice a bit more and the appointments next month will be more than enough practice time!!






Last week I tried tummy time with him for a few minutes and I was so proud. After laying so long in the hospital bed and not having any time to exercise that head, he did so well! It was a bit difficult with the vent, but we managed to position him just right. Then I had to cover the vent with a blanket because I was scared his head would flop on it and there are some sharp knobs on it. Kind of a hassle, but I wanted him to try a new position.











I have been trying to give him some "boppy free" time too....he hated it at first, but is getting used to it now and even fell asleep the other day....



10 comments:

  1. aaaawwww...he looks so happy. so glad that things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first outing. Praise God for all things. He looks so cute laying on his tummy.

    I am so glad you have this blog to keep us all informed.

    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so sweet!! It was so nice to sit and visit with him (and you) yesterday, I didnt want to leave. He is such a little angel !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats wonderful!! im so happy things are well! what a journey! this is a special time and your so strong dev. love you!!
    kiss baby for me!
    what size diapers is he in?!!
    xoxo
    joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so precious!! You are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Dev, that wasn't Jason that was me ... I guess he left himself signed in and I didn't realize. Praying for many more blessed days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Family of Camdon,
    Congrats on the successful transition to home. What a change from January! Your blog brought a smile to my face on a day I really needed it. God has a way of putting the right people in the forefront of your heart and mind when you need them the most, doesn't He?!? Hope to see this special kid soon...
    D. Walsh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the misspelling of the name - typing not my forte...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That car looks too clean to be yours. Did you borrow mine?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a Cutie, As I read your blogs my heart jumps for joy. Thank you Jesus for all of your wonderful works.
    OXOXOX
    Kami

    ReplyDelete