Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sleepless nights

but so worth it :) Camden's night nurse called in sick, so I'll be spending the night in the nursery with him. He is being a die hard tonight, just looking around fighting sleep.

He had an okay day today. Still lots of gagging and very gassy today where he'd cry and cry. He did have one bad episode this evening and gave his nurse a little scare, but we got it under control. I believe it was awful gas/tummy pains, which turned into a raging fit (can't blame him!) which turned into him bringing secretions up and then of course not being able to get his breaths. I just had the nurse suction his trach while I held him and tried to comfort him and he finally got his breath and calmed down. Poor baby...

I believe he is tolerating the feeds, but I just know he is in pain sometimes. He still is sleeping pretty good through the nights, but is a bit restless at times. The night nurses are even picking him up now to comfort him because he doesn't seem to be as comfortable. He is also growing out the boppy, but he has to be elevated. I need to get him a special pillow to sleep in.

Can't remember if I mentioned before but his heart rate has gone down too. This is such a praise because it has been way too high hanging out at 170-190. After he was home for about a week it started to go down, and now sometimes is anywhere from 130-145. His little heart has been working so hard and I just praise God he had a strong heart through all this. I am just glad his little heart is getting a little break. :)

1 comment:

  1. aww I can just picture him all unhappy ..baby gas is no fun even when you don't have a trach to deal with and the gasping. Hopefully you'll have a peacful night. Growing out of his boppy...getting big little man!!! <3

    ReplyDelete