Thursday, May 21, 2009

4 mths olds

well, tomorrow, but I couldn't think of another title ;)

Camden has had a good week. Getting used to his baths and pitching a good old fit during trach tie changing which reminds me of how strong he is getting. He has even ventured out to the living room twice now and we are going to start making that a daily field trip for him. He loves his Pooh swing and doesn't cry over TV like he did the first time the Baby Einstein video blurted out " DOG " ;p

My goal is to work with him orally everyday. I have started giving him a drop of breast milk from a syringe or breast and he really likes it for 5 minutes and gets really excited, then kind of gets over it. He is swallowing it and tolerating it, so that is good. Today he gagged because I put in about three drops by accident, and it was just too much. I told him he really needs to work on this oral issues because at this rate he'll never get through a feeding. ;) Unless God has other plans, IMO he'll get rid of the trach before the g tube is gone! Long way to go, but it is something I can start doing until speech therapy comes which isn't for another month. :(

He is still sleeping right through the night and sleeps a lot during the day. He is growing like a weed! Nana came to see him last night and is here with us now so he is enjoying her. He loves his Nana.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear he's doing well. I hope you're getting enough sleep too. Love you girl! Please pray for Joshua, his surgery is this Thursday. We'll be in Gainesville the 27-29th. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all very exciting news!! so so happy!!!
    love to you and the kiddies!
    joy

    ReplyDelete