Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sweet sounds








One of the things I have missed is baby sounds. Since Camden's arrival I haven't heard him except for a faint cry hear and there since he was trached. Well he is talking and cooing around the trach now and it is loud and clear. Makes me cry tears of joy. He gets a very serious look on his face and starts telling you the stories. Love it!
I try to get it on video, but he wants the camera each time so this is as much as I could get..


This is him faking me out with the paci. ;) He'll bite on it and just be really still, then start laughing. Stinker! You can see him biting it in the picture...lol





He is also learning how to work me! ;) He was throwing a complete fit yesterday and when I picked him up he immediately stopped. He is officially spoiled....and I am fine with that. =) Even with his few spoiled moments he is still an awesome baby...and I think he deserves to be spoiled a bit. ;)

His brothers and sisters have been wonderful with him. This was today-my little babysitters while I cooked dinner...











Micah has been my little helper. She loves him and constantly checks his diaper and tells me, "I think he has poop." ;) She is pretty good with him although she is getting annoyed with him pulling her hair and pinching her face these last few days. He is really reaching and exploring!


Tomorrow we go see the GI and nutritionist so we will see how he has gained. His second outing! =)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a SWEET sound!!! I am so glad he is able to make sounds around the trach, what a blessing! When we were first told Marissa would need a trach, the first thing that hit me ( and hit me hard) was the fact she would not have a voice. I cried and agonized over this. I think baby sounds are absolutely the most beautiful sounds on this earth and my heart was absolutely broken because I would not get to hear my daughter's voice. I am so glad you get to hear Camden's sweet voice.

    Good luck with the appointments and the outing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that is the most adorable video ever! I hate that I can't hear Mikan either. When he was on the vent more often he would make sounds around the trach because the weight of the vent made more space sometimes I think. Now that he is off the vent more often he is silent! It makes me sad. I love that you get to hear baby sounds. He is so adorable!

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!!! we could braid camdens eye lashes,they are so long!!!
    he is doing so well and lokks like the kiddos love helping out!!
    so so happy!
    xoxo
    joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Devon,

    That is the most beautiful sound I have heard. I could keep hitting the play button all day. I can't tell you how filled with joy I am right now. God never ceases to amaze me. He keeps on answering our prayers concerning Camden. Camden - you are such a blessing in all of our lives. I know that when you get your trach removed you will have lots of stories to tell us. And guess what even if you say the same one ten times I will listen just to hear your voice.

    Luv ya,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete