Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Took the kids to church

and I think I thought of Camden 95% of the time. Is that bad?? :)
Marcus stayed home with him, and other than some loose trach ties and the wrong rate on the feeding pump he did alright. ;) My husband was also trying to teach him to burp ( hello, nissen surgery, not possible) so Camden is now making obnoxious sounds from his trach. Yes, I have another stinky silly boy on my hands!! He is a little animal not wanting to stay still and I get so excited to see him so active. No nurse tonight so I am catching up on my blogging. I am taking the first shift then I'll go get Marcus around 3am. The computer helps time go faster... ;)

I bought a few more bottles and it seems the dr brown one is Camden's favorite so I'll start him on it tomorrow. It was late after church when I got in so I just gave him a few "tastes" to see which one he liked best. Doing better with the bottle and starting to enjoy it more. He gets frustrated with it at times, but overall things are progressing. Still not getting too much down but did have one great night where he sucked down around 30 ml. That is a lot for him! He averages about 5-7 ml each feed.

Went to the nutritionist the other day and she wasn't too happy about his weight gain. He is weighing 15.10. I think he gained fine but he still needs more food so we went up to 145 ml daytime feeds and 556 through the night. He is burning more calories these days being so active and weaning off the vent. Still working on getting his feeds over an hour. I have him up to a rate of 98 ml an hour with the 130 ml feeds, so it takes about 1.5 hr when it is all said and done. We are slowly getting there. He has actually done well these last few days keeping his food down so hopefully we can keep going up on the rate. He is over sitting so still that long to get fed, but he has to or he gets sick. Once again it is a time thing, but he is getting there faster than I ever thought. Thank you Jesus.....

3 comments:

  1. You only thought of him 95% of the time. That is bad--you should have thought of him 97% of the time. :-) No seriously, you are like 99% of moms with babies under 1 y/o. As Donna would say, "Do you like my serious math skills?" I just praise God every day over Camden's wonderful progress. You will never know how much you and your family are truly a blessing to so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are moving along well Devon. Can't wait to see him at church with you all!

    How often are YOU getting out by yourself or with friends WITHOUT kids?????? Just thinkin' aboutcha!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad !!! sounds like hes doing so well!! what a sweetie!!!
    we love you super mom!!!

    ReplyDelete