Friday, August 28, 2009

Lots to share :)

I have been putting off blogging in hopes that I would find my camera equipment to share pictures, but that still hasnt happened so you'll have to use your imagination. =)

Camden has tried rice cereal and squash this week. He did great! Swallowed it and it didnt seem to phase him much. I am impressed since we thought he wouldnt do well with all his oral aversion issues, but I am thinking those issues are almost gone. He still gets upset with some things, but overall he is doing great. After a few bites he would cry or shake his head no and I stopped, but I think he'll do well with this after getting more used to it. As for the bottle, we are still trying but not getting any down--maybe 5 mls. I still work with him at least 3-4 times a day.

He is now weighing 15.14 according to our home scale. Dr. C came to see him today and he got his RSV and dtap shots. ;( ( did i ever share that his ped comes here to see him and she is so precious?) The first shot I made him laugh through, ( he cried for a second, then laughed)but the dtap was a stinger and he was crying so hard I could almost hear it coming around the trach. Poor baby. THen he was just angry for a few minutes after that and I believe I saw him giving the doc "mean eyes" lol Few minutes later he was smiling. What a darling....

Physically Camden is doing wonderful. Actually more than wonderful. He has progressed so much in just a week. He is so close to sitting up, and the OT was impressed with his progress today. She hasnt seen him for two weeks, so he has changed a lot since then. He seems to want to start inching his way around too. I think he will get the hang of it real soon. Tummy time is becoming easier and he is very close to rolling onto his stomach. His arms just get caught underneath him and he just needs to strengthen them. For where he has been, he is doing so great. I am literally watching this boy heal and grow stronger everyday.

His reflux took a turn for the worse this week with lots of gagging and throwing up during feeds, then today he did wonderful! It just acts up when it wants! I hate it for him and just pray for healing in that department. We are up to a rate of 104 on the feeding pump. So about an hour and 15 is how long it takes him to be fed through his g tube.

Tomorrow we go see the pulmonoligist. Well, today since it is 4am lol ( yes, no nurse, 5th night this week..that is another story) I am very excited to see how many more hours we will wean him off this ventilator! He has not had one issue on his time off of it so far, and not one issue since we have taken the oxygen away. I am praying for all day off, and on for nights only but I think I am getting too anxious. ;) I just want this trach out. I want to kiss all over his little neck and hear him cry. You will probably hear me say that again because I think about that day almost everyday. :)
SO, tomorrow I will give the update!!

On another note---my daughter, Micah was having some heart issues that i was concerned about. Some odd high heart rates....anyway she is having some tests ran and goes back to the cardiologist tomorrow. Daddy will have to take her while I take camden to nemours so please pray that marcus will pay attention to what the doc says. Just kidding, ( kind of ) but please pray that all is ok with her. It was probably nothing, but I wanted to get things checked out, and her pediatrician agreed. Micah is wearing her heart monitor thingy and is milking every minute of it. I had to sponge bathe her earlier ( i did it like we do camden, so she thought that was wonderful) since she cant get wet and she is loving this special treatment and attention and shows her wires to anyone she sees. Little stinker. so, updates on that soon too.
thanks all =)

2 comments:

  1. we will pray!!! bless her heart!
    im so glad for his progress!!!ya!! so so happy!!!
    miss you and love you all!
    joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Camden got dedicated in church today. Awesome sight to see. Of course, Camden was a champ. He just kicked his leg the whole time. He seemed to know that the Pastor was talking about him and what a miracle he is. Pastor Kevin even mentioned that he can't wait to hear Camden's testimony. He really does have one too. I can't wait to hear it too. What a glorious day for us all. God is so good.

    Luv ya all

    ReplyDelete