Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy 7 months!!

Well, it is 1am, so yesterday was 7 mths! =)
Sometimes it seems almost unbelievable that we have been on this journey for 7 months. It seems that time is flying by, but in some ways it can seem so slow. I normally dread my babies growing so fast, but with Camden I can't wait until all the difficult times have gone away and he is grown and healthy.

**Happy Birthday, baby boy! Your nurse is out tonight and you are sound asleep but I want to scoop you up so bad and snuggle. I keep thinking about it but then I realize it is a stupid idea because you really need to be on a schedule for you night time nursing. I don't think they'll appreciate you not wanting to sleep in your crib anymore. Plus mommy needs sleep when they are here. Oh, and you will be very hard to snuggle with while on your reflux pillow. ;0) Maybe we'll take a nap together one day when you aren't eating!! =) I love you!!**

Ok, so now Camden isn't getting hungry at all since we have increased his feeds. Bottle time is now more of a chore and I have to fight to get 5 ml down. And then I don't want to make it a negative experience, so we stop. He has to gain weight, so he has to get the increased feeds, but it is putting him behind learning the bottle because he is never hungry. Ugh! These are the times when time seems like it is going by sloooowly. ;) He did only spit up once today so it was a good day keeping things down. He had a hard time yesterday with horrible gas pains so he needed a break, poor baby! I pulled out a lot of gas out of his g tube yesterday after a feed.
He is also at a rate of 100. If we stay on track of increasing the rate daily, in 45 days he will be able to get fed over an hour.

5 comments:

  1. wow thats great!! May God give you the power to have sleepless nights!! wish i could help!!
    we love you
    joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday blessings my little miracle!!!! I pray daily over lungs & tummy!! It is so hard to believe that 7 months have raced by! Incredible~ Look at the things you can now do Camden...sit in your saucer, grab at everything around you, get the very hard giggles & suck , even if it is a little bit !!!Yea! These miles stones are HUGE considering the slow start:( you had!!! What a mighty God we serve!!! I can't wait to get kisses...Love you all my little ( poor word choice ) big Roelle gang!!! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah thanks for reading about Ava. I am often amazed (daily I should say)at the strength these kiddos posses. God has been good to us. I will keep your son in my prayers and if you have any questions or need to talk please let me know. All I can tell you is that God prepeares our way and guides us to greatness. God Bless you and your family.

    ~Terri and Ava
    mycdhlife@gmail.com
    http://avaslifewithcdh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 7 months Camden!!!! God is good. I am glad to hear that you are really active and making funny boy noises. That is so cool. You never cease to amaze me. Devon, you amaze me to as God continues to give you strength to take care of Camden and the rest of your family. You all are a testimony to me of what prayer, faith and grace can do.

    Love ya both,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 7 months! I hope the bottle feeding goes better. Mikan is just going to skip the bottle phase I have a feeling. I hated the pressure of trying to force down the mls when he didn't want any. I hope you are getting enough sleep! :)

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete