Friday, August 14, 2009

Not so fun today

Just not keeping the food down today! Choking on secretions, then throwing up. Gagging while being fed, then throwing up. :( poor baby....just not a good "eating" day today. We are working through the 5 pm feed right now and praying this stays down. He had been doing so good lately too. Maybe I am increasing the rate on his feeding pump too fast....just not sure. He did do great on the bottle today and I can see that he is liking it more and more. He gets tired out fast and still isnt getting much down from his little sucks, but still is sucking most of the time while we are working on it.

Nurse called in today so I have had lots of snuggle time. Didn't get much done, and so worth it! ;) It is actually much easier now that he has time off the vent. I can just drag him around with me which he loves, of course.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Camden,

    I pray that you have a better feeding day today. So glad that you are getting more used to your bottle. Don't worry Dev, he will be sucking out of that bottle by his first birthday. This is my prayer. You are such a great mom. God loves you and so do I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I feel any sadness trying to creep in my life all I have to do is look at a picture of Camden and it disappears!!! Doesn't matter what he has been through ~ he still smiles!!! I know he , has his moments like 'tummy pain time'but somehow..JESUS... he still is joyful Papa & I pray every day for his complete healing~ It is happening right before our eyes. To see him & hear of all that he does ...amazes me still!!!! Papa is slowly on the mend Camden, then I'll be there to sing. I know...Momma doesn't sing as well as Nana does:)I miss my lil'Roelle crew something fierce!!! kisses & hugs all around!!!! What Mighty God We serve,What a mighty God we serve, Angels bow before Him , heaven & earth adore Him ..What a Mighty God we serve!!!! Sing it Micah!!!!

    ReplyDelete