Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just more updates =)

Just thought I'd share some updates.
Camden is now a little over 13 mths.

Camden has been wearing his PMV for the past 4 or 5 days and it has been great to hear some sounds today. We aren't positive if he said it, but we all heard him say what sounded as a raspy, "HI". =) He doesn't like to open that mouth, and actually has to be in the mood to want to impress to do it. This video shows what he does and shows how he gags when he does open his mouth sometimes. I am thinking the trach tickles his throat when he opens his mouth. It is doing something to make him gag or cough.

Physically he is doing pretty good. The other day he pulled himself up in the playpen and is now a pro at it. No crawling, but I am thinking that isnt going to happen. That is what the PT is thinking too. He did great in his PT session today and opened his mouth lots for miss R. His left leg seems to still be very weak,(which is not helping him crawl as he flops into frog position) and he actually using his arms and right leg to pull himself into standing position. He will also slowly get to where he needs to be but scooting on his hinder, but he isn't all over the place yet.

Eating is a big NO. Nothing, not even a bottle. He cant tell me what hurts either, so that is hard too. B/T his throat, ears, and stomach you never know if something is hurting him making him. Yesterday I tried a speck of baby food on a spoon and as soon as it hit his mouth he lost it and tried to throw up three times in a row. (remember he cant throw up due to a surgery he had for reflux) I have never seen him gag that hard. I really feel so discouraged with the eating situation and am trying to accept that it is going to be a long road.

There you go! Other than the Camden "norm" we are enjoying him so. He is in love with his siblings and actually gets a bit depressed if they are all off with daddy. I have to take him in each room and show them that they are gone. My kids are also so so wonderful with him. They now all suction if I am in need. (which isn't a lot because Im a bit controlling ;p) But they can do it. If I am driving, they have to and that is a blessing to have them being my little nurses in the back seat. They still fight over him too....drives me nuts at times, but at the same time I am so grateful that Camden has wonderful, caring, siblings. He will be well taken care of! =)

video wont load...will try again later!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome that he is tolerating his PMV and you are hearing sounds! And the pulling to a stand is great too! Sorry about the feeding issues, I hear ya on that one! So frustrating!

    I hope you all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete