Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Louder and faster! =)






Camden is getting around everywhere. His crawl is quite funny, but it works and it is getting faster and faster. He loves to pull up on the couch and cruise.

Last night I had to go out for a bit and my son called me to tell me Camden said "momma". I have been trying to get him to say it FOREVER. Of course when I got home he was in silent mode again. He is off and on making sounds, depending on his mood, although he is wearing the PMV (talking valve) all day unless he is sleeping. He is opening his mouth more which is huge and started fake "ha ha" laughing the other night. I LOVE to hear him.....love it. Never gets old. I can't wait for him to wake up so I can put his PMV on. =) And actually hearing his laugh is amazing. So, obviously with him tolerating the PMV ( remember he can breathe in through it, but he has to exhale out of his mouth) he is doing well in the breathing department. Hasnt neede o2 during the day but he does at night because of the Jon Bunn ( mask the moisturizes his trach) has always caused him to require a little oxygen.

This week he has taken 3 licks of milkshake and 5 licks of gravy so far. They were teeny tiny samples but he licked it and went back for more....then got mad and shaked his head NO. =) It is like he is so curious, gets the courage to taste, then sometimes gets nervous, or the taste gets overwhelming and he makes a sour face. Cant even imagine what he'd do over a lemon.....

Some of the pictures above are from his first zoo trip. He loved it!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh i love everything on this post. Camden's first zoo trip. Awesome!!!!! Keep on crusin' Camden, you will be taking your first steps and running in a minute. God is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for louder and faster!! I know how hard it is to be patient to hear that sweet little voice saying sweet little words, but I am glad he is on the path and doing so well!

    ReplyDelete