Thursday, November 5, 2009

Home sweet home

This is him the day we were admitted. He completely freaked with all the people...meltdown after meltdown that first day! Him and I both were broke out with hives... :s He is happy in this pic because they were all out of the room! ;0)

Lots to say for the week that has gone by so I'll try to skip all the details so this isnt forever long...

We were discharged Tuesday and he is doing well.

We were admitted to the hospital Thursday afternoon and the cleaned him out with the Go Lightly ( nothing light about it) that night. He actually did very ok with it, of course nothing fun about pooing all through the night, but he tolerated it well.

Surgery was last Friday and was a success. Not only was part of the colon in his chest, but also his pancreas. Geesh. His diaphragm was patched again with gortex. But all went well and precious Dr W seemed pleased. His Nissan had also started to unravel so she went ahead and dealt with that too. He was circumcised ( which I was feeling guilty for doing to him afterward! ) and then Dr P was able to pop the clogged tear duct without needing a stint. As sad as it is, it took me a few days to get used to Camden without goo in his eye.

Had a rough night surgery night and then the next day too.( to be expected, of course) The cool thing was he was off the vent right after surgery and just on a little o2. His trach site was sore from the OR and he had some bleeding from it. Had some bad gas episodes and Im know he was in pain. He would scream when we changed his diaper. It killed me to watch him like this with that look like, " why are you letting them do this, mom??" I think the worst for me was when they wheeled him off for surgery. Third day post op he was a different baby and wanted to sit up. He didn't like me keeping him down either. He had lots of visitors from the NICU. It was great to see them.
He is such a strong boy. He is doing good now but has been really emotional. Yesterday I basically had him on my hip all day. He is not trusting anyone right now probably in fear of getting stuck! He even cried for his nurse that he loves at first, but warmed up quickly to her.

I can already see the difference in his feeds and he is handling then better. We will start slowly working on faster feeds now. I haven't given him any cereal or a bottle because I haven't wanted him to gag and hurt his tummy, but I need to get started soon.

Thanking the Lord this hurdle is over.... :)

My camera and computers are having issues so everything is phone pics!




headed to surgery....had to wear the dreaded yellow gown because he is forever labeled ORSA! ;)






right after surgery ;(













and his booboo. She just went in through is old scar, of course.


I just realized this pic is up side down....hmm






thank you for all the prayers......God is good, all the time...

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the surgery went well and you all are home and doing good. I have been praying for you. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the update, so glad that he is doing well. what a little trooper! he is so adorable and looks like such a happy baby considering all he has been through. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!!! so glad hes home! and doing so well!!
    your a strong mommy!!!
    Many blessing and missing you!!
    love you
    joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you guys are at home now. He looks so darn good, even after surgery. Poor guy. I'm keeping you guys in my prayers.

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing the Choo -Choo train bandage ( kudos Dr. W ) brought back memories from NICU!!! Yikes ~ that seems so long ago at times and yet can be so fresh in the mind. I am the most amazed,thrilled,thankful,praising the Lord over-the-moon Nana on planet earth!!! Seeing that sweet smile few days after surgery, having a slap from Camden ( even if he did grab & break my glasses)made my day!!! I can never say it enough ~ What a mighty God we serve~ missing you alreadyXXXOOO

    ReplyDelete