Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving and busted g tubes =p

Ok, so I'm thinking that when I accidentally yanked the mic key feeding tube out last week I started a slow leak in the balloon because today his onsie was totally wet with milk. The balloon had busted and had fallen completely out. It wasnt out too long because I got it right back in, but it took a bit more effort. So I have it taped to his belly and I'll get a new one from the pharmacy tomorrow. All my back ups are his old size, so that stinks! At least it is in and didn't close up this time. I will avoid any ER trips if I can....

He hasnt needed 02 again. I am thinking the J bunn (machine that give his trach moisture so it doesnt get dried out ) wasn't giving off enough flow. I kept it off him the next night and he did fine, wo we have had the flow turned up.

We are heading to my parents for Thanksgiving and staying one night. This will be Camden's first time traveling over night. Well unless you count when our house flooded, but that was just across the street. ;) It should be fun and interesting. I feel so blessed that he is now well enough to travel. No worries about vents and oxygen. I have 2 little o2 tanks just in case, and we are good to go. Well, along with all the "bags" that a trach baby needs. I call him "just a plain ole trach baby" now. ;p Nice to see things slowly leaving....

BLESSINGS TO ALL AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING! GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD FOR HE IS GOOD!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Roell Family. Many blessings to you.
    Luv ya
    The Herrings

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet blessing to have Camden at our Thanksgiving table this year! I stand amazed at God's faithful provision~ I am sooo thankful and delighted that he was able to make the trip after 10 months. It was worth the wait Camden!!!! Turkey for sure next year!!! xxxooo Nana~

    ReplyDelete