Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Needing to gain weight

not me, Camden ;)

Went to see the nutritionist and surgeon yesterday.
Surgery was just a follow up and everything seems fine. Had an xray while there, which are always fun and consist of Camden having a major meltdown. I dont blame him. We wouldnt want to lay there naked either. We have to have another xray along with an echo in Feb, then will see surgeon again in March.

The nutrition was kind enough to squeeze me in yesterday. Camden is not gaining, and being off the vent burning even more calories is not helping. We are now adding formula to my breast milk. Plus I am having to supplement some, and we are extra formula to that. Will see how this goes. She didnt want to start pediasure since he isnt quite a year.

I have decided to cut back on my day nurses. This will start in December. I have been very blessed with my day nurses while I needed them, but it is time that I have a few days alone. I have been thinking about this for a few months now. I think the kids need this too. I am cutting out Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, and went the vent leaves the house for good, the day nurses may be gone altogether. Night nursing on the other hand, I want forever.... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Have just found youre blog my little miracle Campbell was born in July he is doing great!!. Camden is so cute !! he has the best smile.It is great to read his story and and see that smile after what he has been through.

    Sharon & Campbell (Scotland)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Dev, Camden has come so far. I bet it is awesome to hear him whine. He is such a fighter and is doing well. Don't worry about the weight gain, he will pick up. Would love to stop by but then I don't want to bring any germs I might be carrying. Stay strong and know that this is all a journey but one well worth going on.

    Luv to all

    ReplyDelete