Saturday, May 1, 2010

His First Word @ 15 mths old


was Momma. =) The other day on the way home from a two hour trip, Micah repeated it 5,000 time to him. (that is what it felt like to me) Right as we were about to turn into our neighborhood he said it and I was all over the road laughing and crying at the same time. IT SOUNDS SO WEIRD to hear a word come out!!! Even with the PMV on he just usually hums and sometimes says, "ah, ah, ah" so a real word is just too neat. =) He is very sick of all of us asking him to say it, so rarely will he say it on demand unless he is in the mood for praise. He said a word!!!!

I have been letting him sleep with the therma vent on. I guess technically you arent supposed to, but with him doing so well I wanted to see how far he would go without needing oxygen. We spent the night at my parents the other night and he didnt need any. Since we've been home he has needed it around 3am so I have to use the J Bunn. That thing turns our room into a sauna so I try to keep him off it as long as possible. I am going to have to get some nasal cannula and try to get him used to them on his nose. When that trach goes, I know he is going to still need o2 at times. yikes, that should be fun getting those things up his nose! ;s He has been doing great in our room. Im up much more but I kind of think of it like I am up with a newborn baby. Every night is different with the monitors and him coughing etc. He has actually went the last three nights without suctioning so he is slowly getting over that cough he had.

Trach decannulation date: JUNE 2nd

5 comments:

  1. YAY! what a blessing to hear him say momma. much love and praise for you Devon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww brilliant i can't wait to hear lewis say mummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Camden say it at church the other day and it was beautiful!!!! I can't wait for the other words that he will say. It is coming.............

    ReplyDelete