Thursday, May 13, 2010

Unexpected PICU stays YUCK!

Camden is ok. But long story short his brothers got careless in the house with Camden in their care ( I wasnt a happy mom) and Camden did a crash bang off the couch onto tile. Fractured his skull on the side of his head. I was so upset. I atually didnt bring him in right away because there wasnt a knot and they had told me hit fell more on his back. Nope. The next day he had a huge fluid filled pocket on his head so to the ER we went. We were there for 5 hrs, then they admitted him to PICU over night. They said it was really tiny fracture, but with his history they wanted to watch him. I think the worst part was when they had a social worker come talk with me. I understand they have to do this, but it KILLED me. I cried the whole way home. I was paranoid that someone might actually think that of me and then I was sad for the kids who are actually in there because their parents really hit them in the head. =( The dr said she cant begin to tell me al lthe abuse cases. How sick and heartbreaking.

So that is what we've dealt with this week. He looks great and seems be back to normal. Other than being clingy he didnt have other symptoms. ( o fcourse he couldnt tell me that he had a headache which Im SURE he did!)

Other than more gtubes balloons popping on us, there is nothing else to report today. =) We continue to do the count down to trach decannulation day!!

6 comments:

  1. G-tube balloons popping are SO frustrating! Mikan's Mini-ONe non-balloon is the best thing that's happened to him over the past four months.

    Sorry to hear about your scare! Everyone knows you're a wonderful mom though :)

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be hospital policy, but I hate it when they send social workers over. I used to work in our childrens hospital before Jax was born. You know who's been abused and what was an accident. Its not hard to spot!
    I'm glad he's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how scary! Glad he is alright! Sorry about the social worker, it sucks that this is the world we live in.

    Just glad to hear Camden is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOYS WILL BE BOYS....HHHMMMM CAMDEN JAMES YOU CAN NOT BE BOUNCING OFF OF COUCHES!! I AM LOOKING FOR A RUBBER HELMET AS YOU HAVE NOT EVEN STARTED WALKING YET! WHAT THEN? OH HOW I PRAISE GOD FOR HIS WORD ...I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE! YES YOU ARE SWEET BABY BOY. THANK YOU FATHER FOR YOUR WATCHCARE OVER CAMDEN'S LIFE AND EVEN FOR THE SOCIAL WORKERS :~) 18 MORE SLEEPS TIL D-DAY :) I WILL SEE YOU SOON. KISSES TO SISSY & ALL YOUR BIG BROS WHO ARE TEACHING YOU THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE, SUCH AS HOW TO BUILD A MEAN LEGO STRUCTURE AND SUCH! XXXOOO ~ I LOVE YOU~NANA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camden, so glad that you are doing okay. God is our protection. I know that He was protecting you during the fall. Thank You Jesus. WE Love You so much. The Herring's

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are just trying to keep you on your toes!!!! Glad he's okay but sheesh!!! Scary!

    ReplyDelete