Thursday, May 27, 2010

Camden is officially a LICKER






I haven't wanted to blog about Camden's eating because every time I do, he stops making progress. ;o) But this time I believe it is official. He is now a licker and is actually opening his mouth and then closing it on the cracker or cookie with a lick. He has even taken a small bite out of a pretzel. He gagged and made a lemon face, but that is a weird feeling for him so it is to be expected. He used to only lick for 'praise' but this week I have caught him a few times licking when he doesn't know he is being watched. = p He still goes through his different moods with it, of course. When daddy got home last night I asked Camden to show daddy how he eats and he threw the cookie across the room and wanted no part of it. Still, he has made HUGE improvements in the last few weeks and we are extremely proud parents of a "licker."

We checked out a Baby Signing Time video from the library yesterday and we are hooked. There is something about Rachel's smile and I am finding myself watching way too much of it with Camden. He likes them too, so I guess we need to start investing in them. He is picking up fast and doing great with his signing. Barney still remains to be his favorite.

We are missing his Thudguard helmet. I feel so lost without it, and I have no idea where we put it. It is in this house somewhere.

Above is a picture of all my children...Camden's siblings do exist! Not sure what Camden was doing, but the others looked kinda cute. = o)
Also, one of his new ugly scrunch faces that he gives people. It is pretty bad, but really funny.
He also decide to really suck his thumb on the day we went to the park and had a picture day. He never sucks his thumb like this, but makes me look like a big liar with these pics. He is actually sucking his thumb more often since that day. I feels weird saying that and being all happy about it. I was always against thumb sucking....now I am so happy my kid with oral aversion wants his thumb in his mouth.

You can see his trach is missing his purple PMV in most pics. He yanks it and throws it or licks it. Not hearing him as much these days. After next Wednesday he will have no choice but to have a voice 24/7.

3 comments:

  1. think Lewis is teaching Camden some tricks with the licking and thumb sucking :) how excellent, i hate thumb sucking too (normally) but just so happy Lewis is sucking/Chewing something too lol xx great progress Camden xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a start the licking.
    Our son was almost three before eating solids and now he makes up for lost time.
    Baby steps right?! They will eventually get there it's just hard to remember that.

    Our PMV doesn't get used very often it seems to be used for things other than what it was intended to do.

    Your son is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lisa's post. She took the words right out of my mouth. Licking is the start, then actually tasting, then eating.......... Step by step. This is just how Jesus works with us. We first take the step of faith and then He begins to mold us into the person He wants us to be. It brings to mind the Scripture - Phillipians 1:6 - being confident of this very thing, He who has begun a good work in you is faithful to complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. This is exactly what Jesus is doing with Camden - He begun a work and it is not anywhere near the completion stage. All we have to do is sit back, watch and wait.

    ReplyDelete