Friday, April 23, 2010

ok, so that answers that ? of the day...

Dr M did come in today and he taped Camden's PMV off which didnt phase him. (PMV is his one way speaking valve, so taped off he was breathing all on his own) After scoping him last month and with Camden doing so well he said the trach is ready to GO. Yep, the scheduler is trying to find a date to go to the OR and PICU so Dr M can scope him, check an ear tube that was covered with wax, ;p and then remove the trach. REMOVE THE TRACH. YAH! I knew he was ready, but it still doesn't seem real to me! So many emotions. We will stay one night in the PICU then when all goes well, head home without having to worry about a suction machine and emergency bag anymore. We do not have a date yet. With being so backed up it probably wont be until June, but we are heading in that direction so I am grateful. i will know the date at the end of next week. I told Jesus I am not asking for anything today.....just thanking & thanking & thanking.

So, I put him on a soy formula and he was a different baby this morning....YAH! I talked with his nutritionist earlier and she gave me a soy formula to check out on line this weekend. If I like it we can go with that and then find a new milk free recipe for the blenderized diet. For now he is back on formula, just soy free. =) I can't wait for him to feel better and it was so nice to see him not pukey this morning. I could kick myself for not realizing it was milk and this bad!

Back to the ear tubes and like I already said....they did see one and the other was buried behind goo so he'll look when Camden goes under before trach is removed. Not sure why he still pokes his ears, but someone told me today it could be that he hears more clearly...dunno? At least he isnt crying about it so maybe it is more of a weird feeling.

5 comments:

  1. hallelujah! so happy to hear this Devon. ((hugs)) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dev, All i can say is God is sooooooooooooooo good. I have prayed for this moment for a long time. God does answer prayers. Can't wait until June!!! We are so having a say goodbye to the trach party. Are we allowed to bring balloons to the surgery center? Read the post above and so glad to know that milk was causing problems. Awesome!!! will pray that it gets all out of his system and have better mornings. I can't thank you enough for sharing your life with us. This is a true testimony. Not letting the rocks cry out over here. Thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E-!! JESUS C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E-!!I have been sitting on the porch this early morn doing just that. Oh, what a joy to see the hand of God at work in Camden's life. As He works there it overflows and builds up my weakest areas. God is so amazing~ Next, the feeding tube and words to flow forth out of that precious mouth! In the name of Jesus! I miss you little Roells so very much. XXX OOO Nana~

    ReplyDelete