Monday, February 1, 2010

Jenny Craig....

The extra formula is working. He is now gaining too fast, up to over 20 pounds now. I cut back slightly to see if he just slows a bit on the gaining. Gaining is wonderful and a blessing, but a pound a week is over the top. I can't have a fat trach baby that can't move around. =) He is still on formula and now that he is a year we are going to be switching to pediasure soon. Nothing by mouth as of now....the bottle is his enemy again.

Camden picked up another "something" last week and spiked a fever on Saturday. He has been lethargic and clingy, but the fever did not come back today, thank God. I am hoping he fought it off and is done. He is now back on O2, which I expected. During the day off and on, and all night.

We saw pulmonology today and his chest xray looked better than his last. I shared my concerns with Dr H about his breathing and requiring O2 most of this month. She basically gave me her perspective and said they never thought Camden would be out of the hospital as soon as he was and if he did go home they thought he would be on the ventilator for a long time. I think she wanted to say, " Of course he is going to require O2 when he is sick! What do you expect with his lung situation?" ...but she didn't =) I know she was being kind, but it made me feel that she thought I was ungrateful. I am so not. I am so beyond thankful. He is a miracle. The mother in me just always wants better and better for him. This was Camden's first sicknesses and I didnt know what to expect. I knew it would hit him harder, but I just didnt know how hard. It is difficult to take steps backwards. Especially with him being off the vent and off oxygen since the summer. Now he is on O2 so much even when he isnt sick anymore. But this is Camden. He does things differently and he is doing great for what he has been through. =) Just hard to watch him in his little "down" times.

So he did go to the Wolfson " One to Grow On" Marathon. He was one of the 55 children that they sponsored to raise money for the Wolfson Children Hospital. It was rainy and nasty but a special time for us even though he was miserable. I wish he could have enjoyed it. I thought he was tired and anxious with all the noise and people, but that was when he was getting sick.

I thought I would share his achievements at one year old, but we are having an eval Friday with OT so I will share then. =)

He is tolerating his new trach just fine. I had put it in a few days before and he wouldnt quit coughing so I took it out until I talked with the dr. He said to keep trying with each trach change until he gets used to it, but when I tried again he was fine with it. He is now a 4.0 ped.

3 comments:

  1. Camden is doing awesome for his first year!!! Glad that he adjusted to the new trach. Despite what the doctor said, we know and believe that he will be off the 02 soon. I believe that this is just a momentary thing. His lungs are getting stronger and he is getting stronger. Praise God for it all.

    Luv ya,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana was so proud of your 1st Gold Medal Camden!!!! What a joy to see the miracle of the children that have overcome such odds to share that special Saturday! I was overjoyed to see such love for you all! God uses situations that we never would expect to bring Him glory. You do your part so exceptionally well! Hats off to all the runners and blessings for all the volunteers that served. You may one day be one of those marathon runners:~) Love & kisses my sweet boy XXXOOO Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. so funny!!!..jenny craig..lol..!!!
    happy he is feeling better!! prayed for his healing!!
    love love you!!

    ReplyDelete