Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sick, again

Yep. So we are gonna be hanging around the house even more through this winter sick season. Seems we are coming in contact with sick people and I just cant chance it anymore. We don't even go to stores and have only been to church a few times, but I guess that is enough. He is picking everything up. Less kids/people we are around the better, for now. I am sad about this, but getting sick three times in 2 months isn't worth it. So, I called pulm. today and he is on albuterol every 4 hrs and another antibiotic. He is doing ok and thankfully only needing a tiny bit of o2 at night.

So, I am finding that Camden has an intolerance to corn. ( you are thinking, " You have to be kidding?" Yea, me too....) He isnt handling the pediasure and broke out in hives and vomited through his nissin. He also broke out with burts bees shampoo and the common ingredient in both pediasure and BB shampoo is corn. So I am getting him into the allergist ( why not, we are at nemours all the time anyways ;p) asap to rule it out so I can search for a corn free toddler formula. I think I have one in mind and it is organic and cheaper, so that is even better. (thanks, Nichole for researching)
So for now we are back on baby formula and his skin is clear and he is happier.

Today he had another RSV shot. As usual, it broke my heart and this time he didnt forgive Dr C and cried every time she'd try to touch him.

Went to Cardiologist on Monday and he wasnt quite happy with things. His ventricle is still "thick" and he thought it would thin out by now. He said he needs to keep in mind that Camden had a really bad start and it may take longer. Not too much to tell, just will check it out again in 6 mths and see. He did say he didnt want the trach pulled until we saw him first. I am not worrying about this situation. I just think Camden's body and heart and body went through so much stress and just needs time.

We are trying to add more signing in since this will be his only way to communicate as of now, especially with being sick and not being able to wear his PMV to help him. He knows momma, daddy, please, milk, no, yes, all done. He has actually signed momma, please, and milk. Today he decide to be rebellious and shake his head NO when I asked him to sign please. (His new thing is shaking his head NO to everything.) Definitely need to get to work on more words. Daddy claims he has signed daddy, but I know he was just trying to poke his ears because they hurt him...

I had to order ANOTHER mic key button ( feeding tube) because his busted again. This time I babied it and was extra careful not to pull it out so now I know it is his crazy strong stomach acids popping the balloon inside. Problem was that Humana only pays for one a month and the last time we had to get one was 1/11. This happened 2 days ago so it has been taped to his belly. Call me cheap....LOL I refuse to pay 200 bucks for one when we pay humana an absurd amount a month. So today he has a fresh gtube in.... with a sticky belly. =)

3 comments:

  1. Oh Camden, Nana is glad you are keeping your household from being a dull place. Life is such an adventure with you!!! As in the famous words from Pete...What the heck~ you just have to teach the rest of them to enjoy the ride! jk I know they all enjoy the ride with you my sweets. I am so sorry you keep catching the 'BUGS' uurrrgghhh~
    sick people stay away,
    come back another day :)
    then we will play & play
    A poem for you to learn & sign ( tell'em Nana wrote it~ You will see I have many talents !!!
    Miss you~ see you 0n the 19th. I reread your scripture Psalm 91... am really trying to abide & dwell~ Our Lord is so good! hugs & kisses to all the crew~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day Camden, So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Don't worry about me i totally understand why you can't and shouldn't be around a bunch of people right now. I would be very sad if you caught something from me or my family. Tell the Doc that the next time he sees your ventricle it will be fine..... What looks to the doctor right now as great as he would like it, it just the way God wants it right now. Our Heavenly Father has a way of working things in His own timing and whatever we humans think don't matter to Him. With that being said, we know, trust and believe that all will be well with you. Take it easy and get well soon.

    Love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are the best mom ever!!! your so on top of camden!! i truely believe God has blessed you with this ability!! i love you devon!! please share the brand of corn free orgainc products!!!
    i love you!! and we have a bit of niffles here too!...its just crazy how fast germs spread!

    ReplyDelete