Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm back... well almost =)





Feeling so much better and his personality is starting to come back. Boy did I miss that! He is a funny little booger...
I am thinking today or tomorrow will be the last day/night of O2. His O2 sats are a bit higher today which is awesome. We'll see how he does through the night.

I am so over the feeding tube balloons busting! ( they have a balloon that is filled with a small amount of water once it enters the stomach which holds them in place) Camden's deflated on it's own, again, so Im guessing stomach acids are eating at it. Thankfully I caught it after a few minutes so the hole in his tummy was still nice and open for me to put it back in. But, since there wasnt a balloon to refill, I had to tape it on so that wasn't fun for him when I had to take all that tape off to replace it with the new one. Hubby had to go pick it up since we didnt have any back up. Hopefully this one will last longer. As much as they annoy me, Id better get over and be thankful he has a way to be fed.

He did his first real sign today! I was so excited....We were standing next to his feeding bag and he signed "milk". I have only been consistent with a few signs, and that is one of them. I was so proud. =) My smart boy!

He also (now this is really exciting) licked a cracker!! He has licked a graham cracker before( a few months ago,) but hasnt since. Last night he licked a wheat thin over, and over, and over. We made such a huge deal over it so he was trying to impress us. Then it got soggy and he threw it and wouldnt touch it again, but he did it. That is a really huge deal. He licked it and didn't gag.

While tickling him today and making him giggle, I noticed his top teeth have popped through. (I have to make him laugh to see inside his mouth. He keeps that mouth shut tight most of the time) Totally explains the drooling and gnawing of fingers. He is gonna look so cute with his teefy grin. ;p

I received a letter today from the company that deals with the insurance/home health agency saying that the agency appealed the denial of nursing and with the information they received about us they are going to continue to allow nursing. I don't know the details, but I am assuming this is for night nursing only since the last day for my day nurse will be the end of this month. That will be fine. I just need night nursing so I can function the next day. Hopefully I will still have 11p-7a. Now I have to keep them from falling asleep. Yep, i found one completely OUT the day after we came home from the hospital. =( His feeding pump had been going off and she never heard it. It actually woke me up and I was across the room with my door shut. Yep, I was livid. I had to pray for self control. I was even more upset because I spent an hour and a half with her the night before explaining my concerns for his breathing, the o2 situation, asking her to keep a close eye, etc. It was hard enough to have someone new come watch him and then when I found her sleeping I was sick. I hate that I have to have people come in, but I can't stay up 24-7. =( I know it will all work out but at times it really stinks.
I have a regular night nurse that is here most nights, but I will have to have more newbies come in to fill in the rest of the week. It can be difficult, but I look forward to the day where he doesnt have to be watched all through the night, no trach, no suctioning, no monitors, no feeding tube.....

Licking my cracker.....Oh Im getting lots of attention doing this! Maybe a few more times, but it is starting to feel kinda wet and gross. =P (and check out my new hair cut. It started with an IV in my head, I guess the nurses have never heard of detachol, or whatever, so they cut my hair and my mom had to even it out. One side is slightly balder....)

What?? I never get sick of all these cool cords I have lived with! (what will he do when all this stuff is gone? ...and boy am I glad I cut that crazy hair!)

Love this picture....he reminds me of a little pea in a pod and his face brings joy to my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Oh and such joy to your Nana's heart too!!! I love that picture and want a framed copy for Valentine's Day :) tell Momma ~ I love it when you laugh!!! I am so praisin' my Jesus that you're breathing better. So many people have been praying just for that! I miss you sweet baby and can' wait to see you! Nana xxooo kisses to all your bros and sweet big sissy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these pictures, he is such a ham!! So stinkin' adorable!

    I am sorry you have had to deal with a bad nursing situation, that can't be easy. It is counter productive, actually! You bring a nurse in so you can get some good sleep without having to wonder if he is OK and being taken care of. Now you can't rest easy, even when a nurse IS present! Not cool! I hope and pray this situation gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete