Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lots of updates :) and pictures

the brothers :)





coffee drink as big as his head ;)

Loving the park







about to say good bye to the bouncy seat!





First off, we went to the ENT last Thursday. Dr. M walked in with the nurse practitioner and called Camden a "miracle child". How true that is and hearing those words just made my day. He is such a miracle! Everything looked good and if things continue to go as they are, we are still looking at getting the trach out during springtime. We need to get through this flu season first and of course wean completely off the vent.


He rolled over this weekend! He has been rolling from his tummy to his back, but finally did it from back to tummy. Hasn't done it since, but now we know he can. I believe his right arm gives him a fit, so he cant move it to roll on that side, but he did roll to the left. His bad arm is the one that looked awful while on ECMO and I dont know if that has anything to do with it, but it is his weaker arm. He definitely has problems with it. When he is having tummy time, that arm cant hold up either and he cries. I sometimes wonder if it hurts him.

Camden is pretty much sitting up by himself now. A bit wobbly, but can sometimes stay up on his own for a minute or two. His core is getting stronger each day.



He has taken a few steps backwards with the bottle feeding. THe last two times have been unsuccessful. He actually cries and shakes his head NO. I am not sure what is happening there. He seemed like he was making good progress. A speech therapist is coming to evaluate soon, so hopefully she can give me some tips.


We took him and the kids to a park on Friday. It was our first real outing together besides when we took him to church last week. It was a nice, overcast day and the weather felt nice. Camden loved it! I got some nice pictures of all my kiddos together and I immediately starting thinking about last Easter when Camden was still in the hospital and i had to take pictures of them without him. I remember holding the tears back trying to be strong for my kids. I had driven to my parents house ( they had been spending the week there ) to see them and be with them for the day. I was so torn because I had to leave Camden all day in the hospital, but yet I had promised my other kids I would come eat Easter dinner with them. I sometimes get emotional when I think of it, and I just thank God those days are over.
























3 comments:

  1. Hi Devon,

    I love these updates. So good to see Camden at the park with brothers and sister. Don't worry about the bottle feeding. He will get back to it. Sometimes we step back in our progress before we take a flying leap forward. I expect to see Camden eating potatoes, gravy and bits of turkey for Thanksgiving. What a Thanksgiving it will be. An amazing look at how far God has brought him. Can't wait for springtime, when the trach comes all the way out. Sounds like another big celebration to me.

    Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. It great to see the pictures of all the kids together and to hear how great Camden is doing. Your family's love and strength through all of this has been amazing Camden is so lucky to have you all - or as you say down there y'all.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN!! GOd is so good to us all!!!! what a blessing camden is to the whole family!! you are a strong mamma!! love you and he is so precious!!
    joy!!

    ReplyDelete