Saturday, September 12, 2009

another week gone



that is what I am feeling like lately. The weeks are flying by. Normally I cant stand it; to see my babies grow so fast, but I am loving it with Camden. Means he is getting stronger and closer to being trach free. =)





Eating: He has thrown up his breakfast the last two days and it was almost all of the feed. Not understanding this. He held down the other feeds, so I am trying to figure this out. And it isn't gag related because it wakes him out of his nap sometimes. I am going to try to give him his zantac an hour before his morning feed, but other than that I am at a loss.


He is still gaining, and last week weighed around 16.4.





I am trying cereal everyday and he tolerates more and more each time. Ends up getting about a tablespoon down. He tries to ignore me the whole time but tolerates me gently force feeding him, lol, then he will let me know when he is done by shaking that head NO! Bottle feeding is still the same. Sucking but not getting any down. Still at 5-10 mls, but sometimes only one. Looking like he may skip bottle feeding and go straight to spoon. By the time his suck gets stronger, he will be getting older and older and ready for sippy and spoon anyway. We shall see...we never knwo from day to day!





We are enjoying him so much. This age is so fun. He be 8 mths on the 22nd. He loves playing silly games with us like bumping our heads and he is always laughing. It is silent of course, but is looks like a big laugh and I can just imagine how it would sound. =p He is always making us laugh!





Our night nursing hasn't been great. ( To the point where we thought about changing companies but we didn't want to have to go through all new nurses because our day ones are great!) We would be OK if we knew the night nurses were calling in, but when you aren't prepared and you find out a couple hours before they are supposed to come, it gets frustrating. The first night is OK, but when it happens the next night and once again, you aren't prepared, you feel like you wanna cry. Marcus and I still do shifts, but with pumping my sleep time gets less and less and I am sure there are times my kids wished they weren't home schooled stuck in the house all day with zombie mom. =p Thankfully this week was better and I seem to have more coverage. The other difficult thing is dealing with new nurses. You get so comfortable with your main ones and when they have to call out you feel like you have lost a friend. ( my how life has changed )


And did you know that they actually will send "whoever" out just so you have coverage? ( when they can actually find coverage ) then you cant sleep anyway wondering who is spending the night with you. So, I have pretty much kept my mouth shut about the nursing situation on this blog, but that is how things are going in that area. =)


After getting so irritated about things, I started to think about how blessed I am to have Camden here to be able to deal with night nursing problems! =) woohoo!!!

Please pray for baby Mack and the rest of the Harrington family as they are going through a rough time with Mack being sick in the hospital....

2 comments:

  1. i just love reading the good news!!!
    love it love it love it!!!!
    and love ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dev,

    Like Joy, I love the updates too. He is so stinking cute. I love that Camden is eating cereal. He is getting ready for that first taste of Birthday cake!!!! Sorry about the night nurse situation. God will take care of it. Put your frustrations and irritations in His hands.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete