Sunday, September 13, 2009

Restless ....

Tonight Camden has been squirming for the last couple hours. His reflux is acting up which may explain why his day feedings have been worse the last few days. He is still having issues with the morning feeds too. Threw up some of his breakfast again this morning, but not as much as he did in the last few days. He also had a hard time during his lunch today with lots of gagging and retching, but it finally passed and he held the food down. I hate to see him suffer and I feel like I am force feeding him!! It feels like a losing battle at times. I want to cut back on feeds but can't or he'll start losing weight and he is just gaining what he needs to as it is. We are now at a rate of 112 ml an hour and he takes 145 ml so it is taking about an hour and 10 minutes to feed him during the day. Feeding is such an ordeal. ;( I think I am going to hang out at that rate for a while and let him adjust to it for a few days. He is still on a continuous feed all night and still does well with that.

I am being more aggressive with the bottle. I got 15 mls down TWICE today singing this song like 15 times in a row :

"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus.....there's just something about that name. Master, Savior, Jesus, like the fragrance after the rain. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, let all heaven and earth proclaim...Kings and Kingdoms will all pass away, but there's something about that name....."

I have to keep his attention! =p We sing this all the time. This is one of the songs I used to sing it to him when he was in the hospital when he just lay there with his eyes closed. I just sang when I didn't know what to say anymore. =)

Our night nurse called in again. The one that is here the most and the one we love! I hope she is ok...we haven't seen her in over a week. =(

3 comments:

  1. I love the new pic of him sitting up!!! He looks so healthy~ You are doing awesome with him even with the ordeals of the feeds he is getting what he needs!!PTL! There truly is somenthing about the precious name of Jesus. Camden will grow up loving to sing praises to His name!!! I miss you all so much and with Papa doing so much better I should be sneaking that way soon!! XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dev, Really praying about the nice nurse thing. I pray that a great, attentive and well trained nurse shows up tonight. Camden looks so great, sitting up. Good news about the bottle feeding. The song you sing to Camden is one that our youth group used to sing at my old church. I love that song. The matchless name of Jesus works every time you call on Him.

    Luv ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh! the night nurse...on my nerves! you need to let her know whats up...dont be so nice!!
    he is looking wonderful! im so glad!
    i love you!!

    ReplyDelete