Friday, April 1, 2011

Surgery Update...

well, there goes my trying to kill 2 birds with one stone. First off, he was dilated, but Dr K says things are "tight". I shared with him that things have recently gotten worse this week too. We will discuss things at the end of this month. Is this working? Or does he need to be opened up AGAIN. I dread that, and I'm tired right now and don't want to think about that so I'll move on....

His testes didn't go so well either. Oh, Camden, my child....can things be "easy" with you? =p One was brought down and Dr K said it was tedious and he feels we should go back to Nemours and have our urologist do the surgery. Surgery took longer than I expected so I was antsy. Difficult thinking about him being intubated and now we have to do this all over again with his testicles, which by the way look so pitiful. Another surgery, with more bruised peepee. My poor baby.

But, he is fine. He got a little sick when I just tried to feed him, so I had to vent his gtube and let things out, but he is doing better. Just wanting him to heal up and we can think about this stuff in a few weeks. Tonight I am thanking God for my baby's lungs, good airways, and healthy heart. *Focusing-on-how-far-we-have-come*

3 comments:

  1. Big Hugs to you! It sounds like a very difficult and frustrating day! Many prayers for better news on the next try and a good plan!
    Hugs,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devon:

    First of all, thank you for the support on our blog. I love reading the CDH success stories that are out there. The CDH community is one of AMAZING support! Good luck with Camden's surgeries. I just love his name; super cute.

    Janna Caravia
    Due with LCDH Baby Boy 4/26/11
    www.ourcdhstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A year ago, I watched my helpless father fight his cancer. He had a catheter all the time and 90% of the discharge is blood. Each time he pees, he shouts, and the whole hospital lobby just stood there in silence. I know how you are feeling right now, and hope everything turned out to be fine. He's too young to bear the pain.

    ReplyDelete