Friday, April 8, 2011

And it's stuck.....

Camden tried some very soft potatoes for dinner. Marcus had just got in from out of town and asked if food was staying down. Few minutes later, the gagging and choking began. All the kids stared, I cried, and my husband looked at me like, "I thought you just said things were staying down?" Im extremely bummed, but I knew that thing might not work out. So, it seems his whole last surgery was almost for nothing, but that is the CDH roller coaster. Im seriously trying not to dwell on it and move on to the next step.

On a good note, this kid is talking like crazy and probably has said 10 new words this week. He is amazing me everyday, and even tries the sounds when I correct him on words. He is also doing many two worded sentences like "baby pig" (for Olivia lol) and "hi, ____" He is also starting to copy us. He copied Micah saying, " no way!" It is so neat to see him sprout! Im really thinking we are the best speech therapists for him. ;o)

2 comments:

  1. First time bloger on Camden's blog. Thank you for sharing your story, you are right in saying it is so helpful for other CDH parents to read your blog, who are fighting the same problems. Camden is sure a cutie!
    Healing prayers for Camden.
    LCDH rootingforramsey.blogspot.com
    Gram Razza

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new speech is so exciting isn't it? I'm glad he's becoming more vocal and I hope you guys find some solutions for the gagging soon.

    ReplyDelete