Thursday, December 10, 2009

Got oral aversion?

thought Id share a little clip of our oral aversion world. This video is mild. ;) He sometimes goes into screaming fits and wears himself out. The OT came last week and she is wanting to help in the oral area. It did not turn out so well, but we must keep at it. ( as much as I want to just run away from it at times! ) He usually hates the highchair, associated it with food, so I am putting him in it more. Today I just dropped a spoonful of applesauce on it and he wasnt happy. I made him taste it ( you wouldve thought I gave him straight up lemons ) then dipped some toys in it. He basically "ignores" the toys. lol Wont touch them with food on them. After a about 5 minutes I cleaned it and put clean toys on it. Then he was a little booger, happy in his highchair again. I want so badly for him to eat one day, but it is hard to watch him get upset. I feel like Im torturing him! ;0s

2 comments:

  1. Oh honey, we know the feeling. Please trust me when I tell you that he will get there one day. I know how gut wrenching it can be to watch the fits and do the therapy, but hang in there. It WILL pay off. If you ever need to chat, please don't hesitate to email me.
    heelsgirl2001@yahoo.com

    ~Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the post from brad and kellie. Hang in there, he will eat on his very own, very soon. It seems like forever now but when it happens it wil seem like he was always doing it. Mustard seed faith. That is what I have. Problems are no problem for our God.

    ReplyDelete