Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Back to Cardio

Im not going to write out all my worries and concerns, but here is what has happened. Camden is only hooked to pulse ox while he is sick so I can monitor O2 sats to know when he is in need of O2. The other night the alarm went off and his heart rate dropped into the 20s before I nudged him to wake and his HR went up again. He was on oxygen, and sats did not go down, but scared me to death. Last night (well this morning around 340) I monitored him again, and it happened again. This time his sats were going down (he wasnt on O2) and before I woke him his O2 sats were 93 and his HR was 23. After I nudged him he was back to normal. Bottom line a HR in the 20s isn't right and we have an appointment Thursday morning. His heart has always been good and actually on the faster side, so this has caught me off guard. Also, I dont know how long this has been going on because he hasn't used an apnea monitor for mths now and of course I usually just do spot checks with the pulse ox machine.

I called Dr Ks office today to get some more tests ran before rescheduling the nissen surgery, but the cardio is first on my list now. Amazing how greatly your priorities change overnight.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs and prayers for answers and easy solutions!
    Hugs,
    Jennifer
    Mom to Dakota 12-25-2008

    ReplyDelete