Monday, January 23, 2012

Nissen streching #3


Camden has completely recovered from his cold so we are thankful for that!

As for the choking, he did well for a little while, but the nissen seems to be getting bad again. It was to the point where nothing would go through him, not even liquid. I have been holding back on another surgery, but as much as I cringe over all the intubations he has had, we have to do this, or eating orally is out. PLus, he wants to eat now, and can't. Breaks my heart when he follows me around the kitchen begging for food.
The nurse called today and we are workingon scheduling a barium study (we want to see how the nissen looks now-it has always been super tight and there was also a little "pocket at the end of his esophagus) and then we will schedule stretching number 3. My prayer is that THIS is the LAST one needed and we can FINALLY work on eating and get past these nissen problems.

2 comments:

  1. The most frustrating thing is working so hard to develop good eating skills and a DESIRE to eat, and then have an illness/surgery/mechanical problem hault all progress, or worse, erase it. I pray for Camden daily. I hope this is the LAST stretching too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can reply to comments now?! LOL Thanks, Jenna..yes it does stink. Set backs!! Hope yall are well!

      Delete