Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gainesville appointment updates....

Saw Dr K and Dr J and long story short we are having surgery on April 1st. Camden will be getting another dialation on the nissen and will be getting the family jewels put where they need to be. =0) Dr K asked me if I had anymore ?s and I said, " Yeah, while he is intubated can ya fix the testies?" I am always trying to throw the little things in all his surgeries. He said sure ( what a man of many talents ) and I was grateful. I hate HATE my post trach baby being intubated. Especially since he just was intubated in Feb with the last dialation. And the fact that he had major airway and respitory issues doesnt help. Trying to focus on the fact that he is healthy and doesnt have breathing issues anymore. He is GOOD! Once you've had a vent/trach baby it can be so difficult to realize that their breathing is GOOD...as strange as that may sound. It doesn't get easier with these "easier" surgeries, even those this is nothing compared to what he's been through. BUT fear tried to creep in. I found myself crying off and on during the 1 hr 45 min drive home. I looked back in the rear view mirror to find Camden jamming out (with a ball cap on backwards) to the music. Still to this day, he is filled with JOY and oblivious to what is going to happen, and probably wondering why his mom is crying again. =0)
God will, as always, carry us through.

3 comments:

  1. You're right! God will carry you through! It's amazing what we can do with His help. That image of Camden jamming is too precious. Kids are beautifully innocent, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surgery sucks! And I understand about it being hard to realize that their breathing is good. It IS strange!

    I'll be praying for his upcoming surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog tonight....our son Par is a CDH survivor and a "Kays kid"....I wanted to comment about Camden's vomiting....par had something similar for about a year --and he does not have a nissen...or refluxandwe had all the studies....it was very frustrating trying to figure it out...we have ended up having to manage it since we can't figure out the cause....anyway, just wanted to share bc I had not heard of another CDH kid having this same type problem without reflux or reherniation. Good luck with the surgery!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete