Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Busy June

Camden in his frog bathing suit..


Camden has been doing lots of swimming this June and thinks he can actually swim. He is now trying to jump out of my arms. Swimming in dad or mom's arms isn't good enough. If he'd never had lung/airway issues, I'd so let him go so he would know that he couldn't swim, but ofcourse that isn't happening. So now when we go in the pool he fights me the whole time to get out of my arms. No fear!

Still no oxygen needed. I am believing we are done with that!

No food by mouth, but still licking EVERYTHING. He loves licking pretzel rods and prefers salty, but will lick a cookie too. He is taking sips of our drinks here and there, but as soon as you hand him a sippy cup or spoon he pitches a fit. During dinner he is in his high chair, we sprinkle some food on his tray, give him a real big fork, (wants the real deal) and then he forks the food. No eating it, just forking. =) Still, this is all huge improvements for Camden.

It has been 3 weeks since we increased his feeds, and I believe he has started to slowly gain again. I havent weighed him in 2 weeks, but I am thinking he is now a little over 22 pounds. He is still on the same baby food blenderized diet.

Still no words besides" momma", but is making different noises. His OT told me that she has noticed more sounds since last week. He is yelling at us too. He is also scribbling on my walls. I never thought he'd be doing that this soon and I am so proud. =0)

He is signing more too. Learns it once and it sticks. He wants to know the signs for everything. He looks so adorable when he signs "day." And every animal is still "dog" except cats.

Not walking, but close. We have a new PT (love her) and she is going to give him another week or two to see about a walker. She says he'll probably just need it a few weeks to boost his confidence, and then she thinks he'll take off. As fearless he is, he isnt in the walking department, but it wont be long.

We found a new organization in the Philippines that helps trach babies lacking supplies to donate all our extras to. I am so thrilled it will be needed and used. the other extras that weren't in the packaging and couldnt be shared are also being put to good use. This is my Peanut's dog pictured above, Fred, who apparently had to have an emergency trach put in last night. At least his breathing is being monitored by the lego apnea monitor.

Today, I am thanking God for Camden's growth and for his health. I was able to talk with another mom today whose baby was trached yesterday. =( Thinking back and explaining things to her brought me back to those days and I am amazed at how far Camden has come. I thought about how far he will be this time next year, and he gave that mom hope for how much her baby will progress in a year. She really helped her seeing him up and moving and trach free!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, swimming. God is so incredibly awesome. Licking, sipping, using a fork, I am amazed. Watch out walker, Camden is coming. Can't wait to see him running around. That is next, boys don't walk long..... I just love to hear that he is coloring on the wall. He is just painting all that is in his mind that he can't wait to tell you. Don't get upset with him. He might just be the next Picasso.....

    Luv y'all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed the trach coming out. Probably on vacation when it happened. Yeah for that! He's progressing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Camden, please have Mom tell you the story about her coloring her 'monster ' faces on her new little wood dresser...hhmm its a genetic thing I am sure:) I am so EXCITED for you to see fireworks!! I love seeing your progress week by week. You are an incredible testimony of ~ "Nothing is Impossible with God" I love you. Keep up the good work of training the Roell crew in all areas!! See you soon ~ Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to hear how well Camden is doing! Keep up the good work buddy!

    ReplyDelete