Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy 6 mths, my baby!!!

The kids and Marcus are at church and the nurse has left. It is just Camden and me and I have him here, right next to me, without a ventilator. Did I just type that? Did I ever really think I'd be able to say that this soon? I am enjoying his last hour off of it for the day and I am sure he is too. =) He has also done great without any oxygen at all for the last few days. His numbers haven't changed. Praise God!
I am so overwhelmed with different emotions today. 6 months ago today he was born. I have thought about that day a lot today. I hate to say his birth day was such a nightmare, but it was. My stomach churns to think of that day and the horrid weeks that followed. Now looking back and seeing how far he has come is almost unreal, but I know it is real. God is real, he is amazing, and he continues to carry us through this journey. I thank Him always.
I started to sob like a baby today when I had to take a trach box from him. I was preparing to change his trach and was taking out a new one and he grabbed the box that I thought was out of his reach. I cried because I am so happy that he is getting into things. Little things are so huge to us and he has just progressed so much in the last week!
Between suctioning and playing with Camden I have to end this post and put him back on his vent and start his night care. Plus he is eating his oxygen collar. =)

1 comment:

  1. love it!!! What a mirical! i look at camden everyday (hes on my refrigerator) and pray and think of him!!!
    love you and the fam
    joy!

    ReplyDelete