Friday, September 21, 2012

Cardiologist follow up in .... ONE year?!

Yep. =o) Heart cath went great. Camden recovered from anesthesia for several hours afterwards then was walking around as if nothing happened. He said, " I'm fine, momma!" 
We did find out the his pulmonary hypertension is mild. I am ok with that and was just thanking God is wasn't severe!

The odd part, (but good) was that the PDA was too small and insignificant to repair! Dr said he could have tried if I wanted him to but said it wasn't worth it, so I let it be his call. He is 100% positive it isn't causing any problems, and I trust him. He said he will see us back in one year! 

This time getting him put under was awful. The Versed wasn't working and he wanted me to take him back to the OR. He fought and fought and we all had to hold him down to be put out. I almost feel guilty that I am so tough about this. After 15 plus surgeries I have had to buck up, otherwise I'd lose it  everytime I had to give him over to the OR, or watch him recover from surgery, or see him scream over an IV. (WOW he hates IVs!!-that was the hugest issue this time around!) Anyways, I was just thinking about this the other day as I watched him recover. I did have a 30 second break down the following day, but I recover from those faster these days and I dont have as many. God's Peace.

So for now, we have some appointments set with ortho, ENT, and urology and hopefully he will get a nice couple of months break from the hospital.  

No comments:

Post a Comment