Saturday, August 25, 2012

Um, OKAY! I am going to say it.......

We have an eater. After 3.5 years of tube feeding, my son is eating. I havent given him any tube feeds this week. I almost can't type that. He is skinny, and Im sure outsiders that do not know us or our situation will judge, ;oP but that is all good, because my son is eating.  You know, with his mouth? He is eating pb&js, eggs, pasta, chips, rice, beans, on and on. He is still a packer, but he realizes this and is TRYING and is DOING it. I may need to give some tubies down the road if he starts to loose too much weight, but that is ok, the tube is on its way out & Camden reminds me of this daily. Today it was, " Im gonna get that tube out and your gonna throw it in the trash." Amen, lil man.

3 comments:

  1. SO happy for you both! Awesome job Camden!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! Such exciting news! Good job Camden (and Mommy!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fantastic to hear this. Amazing! Go Camden and mommy!
    Corinne
    Mama to Samuel, lcdh, Feb1/11

    ReplyDelete