Thursday, October 6, 2011

no surgery.


After meeting with anesthesiologist, she felt it isn't wise to do any surgery until he isn't getting food stuck in nissen anymore. She said this was her opinion, (been doing it for 30 years) and that other Drs may say she is an "idiot" but after her sharing the risks, I canceled the surgery. I'm not risking aspiration for testicles at this time.

Now we wait for busy Dr Ks office to call. I am trying to schedule another stretching. I am focusing on this problem only. After this is all finished (prayerfully in the near future?) I will try to get his trach hole closed and the testes surgery all at once. At least that is my plan....


Btw: My lil rock star is potty trained in BOTH areas now. He tells me every time and is finally not "cared" of poo.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Devon,
    It's still a roller coaster of emotions huh? What a cutie pie Camden is! Dakota is 1/2 potty trained ... she has yet to go #2 in the potty. How did you make him not scared of it? She does #1 with no problem, but when she has to go #2, she will start crying until we put her diaper on her. I have been contemplating just not putting her diaper on but I don't want her to get constipated or traumatized.
    Praying for Dr. Kays office to call you back and schedule a successful nissen stretching.
    Hugs!
    Jennifer
    jennifertrafton@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea, Camden!!!! You did it!!! You are officially a big boy now. I know this post is about a month late-tee hee. The Herring's are super proud of you. This brings me to a Scripture - "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible". Matthew 19:26, God is always so good.

    ReplyDelete