Saturday, August 14, 2010

Officially WALKING!!

I waited 24 hrs to make sure...but it is official. He has decided to walk. He does it a lot, like a little turtle. So precious! I still cant get over it, and kept making him do it today. =0)
Gagging and retching is still bad. Actually seems to be having more bad days than good. With all the research I have been doing online, I am realizing that is seems to be caused from the nissen wrap he had. Basically there is nothing that can be done, and with time hopefully things will change. I am finding more and more similar stories about other kids with nissens having the same symptoms. And it doesnt have to happening right after surgery, it can happen a long time later.
In the meantime we did meet the new GI doc. He is ruling out parasites (dont u love getting poo samples?) and I have Camden back on a probiotic, but I know that isnt the problem. I could be wrong....but I just think this is (unfortunately) how Camden's body is working right now.

BUT.....he is walking!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. That is so exciting that he is walking!! Way to go Camden!

    I hope the retching gets better soon! That stinks that the nissen could be the cause. I hope we don't run into trouble like that with Maggie later on.

    Hoping that everything else is clear!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Camden! That's great!

    Mikan has a nissen too and so far he hasn't had any problems except when he had a stomach bug. I hope you guys get a solution soon. Mikan used to wretch a lot without puking, but that happened before his nissen and after, so his docs aren't really sure what the cause was. Good luck.

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo Camden!!! So happy you are finally walking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!! I didn't even realize you were blogging!!!!!!!! I saw the link on your FB page!!! I'm so glad I can keep up like this too!

    ReplyDelete